Looking at truck tonneau covers online is a great way to gather the facts in a hurry. What’s more it may quickly become clear that only a few models will get the job done for the way you use a truck. Here are 7 tips for picking a tonneau cover for a truck.
1. How much tonneau cover depends partly on what you want to spend. For tight budgets the soft covers offer much for the money. The soft covers still offer basic weather protection while increasing security for cargo. That’s because just hiding the load under cover and away from prying eyes is the colorful chair covers first step to security. And with soft covers, a little bit of money gets a cover. Stepping up to more features is easy and then the choice of tonneau options is just limited by how much you wan to spend.
2. The fiberglass bed cover may not always be a tilting lid. Once you move up to looking at hard covers rather than soft ones, the options really increase. The classic choice for hard tonneaus might be the tilt lid such as is offered by Gaylord. A similar cover that looks like it might be fiberglass but isn’t is the Undercover tonneau. This cover substitutes plastics for fiberglass and in the process builds an impact resistant cover that weighs only 58 pounds in the full size version. But the tilting covers have issues and that’s one reason for other hard cover models.
3. Soft covers come in more than just the roll up option. Actually the soft versions include tilt up covers as well as tri-folds in addition to the more common roll ups. One thing to look at if you decide on a roll up cover is the sealing method. All kinds of designs are used to keep the weather out and some seem to work better than others. Look on down for one way to evaluate which is best.
4. Tri fold hard covers as a compromise offer several advantages. Tilting covers in either fiberglass or plastic limit the cargo height to no higher than the sides of the pickup box, that is if you want the lid to close over the load. Enter the tri fold hard cover. These covers fold forward and that means you get full bed access but you can easily leave the cover folded open and carry whatever you wan to carry. It’s a way to get the advantages of a hard tonneau without the limitation of height of cover which you get with tilting lids.
5. Retractable tonneau covers for easy access and an aluminum top. If budget permits, another great option comes as the retractable. That gets you an aluminum tonneau cover that just simply slides forward to store in a canister out of the way. Storing cargo under metal offers top protection as well as low profile good looks. Often the cover fits flush with or below the bed sides almost out of sight.
6. Is remote control something you want? That’s another possibility with sliding retractable covers. With an electric tonneau the cover slides to or fro at the push of a button almost as if you had a giant trunk with remote control. That’s a real plus in certain weather and for just easy use.
7. Reviews are for reading. Shopping online means more than just easy comparison of features and facts. Consult suppliers of tonneaus like AutoAnything and you can read many reviews of bed cover models and see what owners think, good and bad. Especially enlightening are the comments about installation. It often is more than you think.
Picking truck tonneau covers means wading through the many choices to find what may work best for you. Shopping online often means saving money and certainly means the best of choices. Online shopping often means you can get lots of reviews to see what real owners think which is often quite revealing to get past the marketing hype.
Pickup truck covers [http://pickupbedcovers.org/pickup-truck-covers.html] protect cargo as well as preserving your bed paint and bed liner too, if you have one.
Discover more about your best options for pickup and cargo protection with the Undercover tonneau cover [http://pickupbedcovers.org/undercover-tonneau-cover.html]. See our website.